I've been a knitter since I was about 12 and maybe this is just my observation, but I feel like knitting has made somewhat of a comeback. I see a lot of young people knitting their own scarves and hats, so gone are the days when knitting was something only your grandma did. Personally, I like having something to keep myself occupied while I'm watching TV or on the lightrail going to work. It helps pass the time and you can actually make something useful. A lot of the time I end up with more hats or scarves than I could possibly ever wear, so I donate many knitted items to Goodwill or hospital cancer centers.
While I was making cupcakes for my friend Ramona's baby shower this weekend (see last post), I also finished up the baby blanket I made as a gift for her. It's a really simply repeating cable knit pattern that knits up really quick once you get the hang of the stitches. I love cable knits because they are pretty easy to do but look intricate and very pretty when finished. So take a look, if you want! I will upload the pattern once I can get my scanner to work.
0 comments:
Post a Comment